Monday, December 6, 2010

Dear Santa,

It looks like this holiday season is gonna be a busy one for me. There are cake requests left and right and I appreciate every one of them! I believe I'm on your "nice" list this year, and all I'm asking for this Christmas is some inspirational books and useful tools that will help me provide my clients with the very best cakes. Here's what's on my wish list...

Simply Spectacular Cakes: Beautiful Designs for Irresistible Cakes and Cookies  by Peggy Porschen 
[Update 12/8/10: Santa came early and decided to send me this book in the mail...I received it today. I'd like to thank Andrea!! Your support means sooo much to me!]
Pretty Party Cakes: Sweet and Stylish Cakes and Cookies for All Occasions by Peggy Porschen
Spectacular Cakes: Special-Occasion Cakes for Any Celebration by Mich Turner
The Ice Cream Bible by Marilyn Linton and Tanya Linton
Cakes to Dream On: A Master Class in Decorating by Colette Peters
[Thank you to my Secret Santa, Limbert for getting me this book for Christmas]
Bakewise: The Hows and Whys of Successful Baking by Shirley O. Corriher
The Wedding Cake Decorator's Bible: A Resource of Mix-and-Match Designs and Embellishements by Alan Dunn 
[This was one of the books my cousin Gen got me for Christmas...]
Start a Cake Business Today by Paula Spencer
[...this was the other book she got me. Thanks!]
Wedding Cake Art and Design: A Professional Approach by Toba Garrett
Martha Stewart's Wedding Cakes by Martha Stewart
Colette's Birthday Cakes by Colette Peters
Colette's Cakes: The Art of Cake Decorating by Colette Peters
KitchenAid Coated Flat Beater

OXO Good Grips 5-Pound Food Scale with Pull-Out Display
[My other cousin Jerilyn got me this cool scale! Now I can measure more precisely.]

Handmade charms from Roscata-Stuff for People [I bought this cute Chocolate Lava Cake Necklace from Roscata...the fork just makes it that much more special. I wouldn't mind owning any of the Handmade charms of replicated food in tiny forms...absolutely delicious!]


I cannot believe there are less than three weeks left until your big day! I'll make sure to leave out some milk and cookies for you, Santa. Happy Holidays!

Sincerely,

~Abs of Cakes~
p.s. I wanna say "Happy Birthday" to my friend Christine Ver!
p.s.s. All the photos are from Amazon.com.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!


    Cake Displays

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...