Thursday, October 27, 2011

Star Wars: Aries' Trilogy

This post is dedicated to all you Star Wars Fanatics out there! Guarantee, there will be a few Princess Leias, Darth Vaders, Luke Skywalkers, etc. etc. roaming the streets this weekend in celebration of Halloween. Maybe this will inspire you with your costume.

This year I was asked to make some cupcakes for Aries' 3rd birthday. Last year I made his 2nd birthday cake with Yo Gabba Gabba and Disney Characters....this time I got to sculpt Aries' favorite Star Wars characters. 
My initial sketches

Yoda
Storm Trooper
Boba Fett
Darth Maul
Darth Vader
I also made some colorful light sabers and made Aries' name using the same lettering as the Star Wars logo. R2D2 was added later because 5 characters was a weird odd number.

In case you haven't seen or come across it yet, here's a throwback of one of my favorites and my first Star Wars cake request....
Death Star Cake
I hope you enjoyed this post. No matter what you decide to dress up as this weekend, please have a safe and memorable Halloween folks....stay away from the Dark Side. Thank you for stopping by.

~Abs of Cakes~
 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...